Hi all, it’s Kids Take Over The Kitchen Day! We are super excited to celebrate by empowering our kids to have some fun in the kitchen. We REALLY let them take over, and it is obvious by their off script ad libbing and outfit choices. (See Will’s blazer.)
This was the perfect excuse to try out a recipe from our good friends at Handstand Kitchen. You’ll love this delicious and nutritious Gluten Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust. This is a great change-up wether you’re gluten free, or not! I don’t think we’ll go back to making a flour based crust again, frankly. We’re not kidding, the result was a super healthy pizza that we ALL loved eating!
Ingredients for Handstand Kitchen’s Cauliflower Pizza Crust:
1 head of cauliflower
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar (can substitute with dairy free cheese)
Dash of dried oregano
Pinch of salt
*Optional 1/4 cup coconut or almond flour (depending on consistency)
Toppings ideas: pepperoni, peppers, olives, or any of your favorite veggies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and then steam in a pot with about 1/2 inch of water for about 5 minutes.
- Pulse cauliflower florets in blender until they are chopped.
- Use a flour sack or tea towel to wring out all the moisture.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. If the mixture seems too wet, add more almond flour.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add desired toppings and cheese first. For added fun, try Halloween themed designs!
- Bake additional 10 minutes and enjoy!
Note: It’s best to add cheese & veggies first so the pizza sauce doesn’t make the crust too moist.
Thank you to Yvette and her team at Handstand Kitchen for the recipe! Check out their super cool new pizza making kit here.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, we’ve got to go clean up the kitchen : )